CURIOUS about getting ESSENTIAL OILS in your home?
Watch my Free Online Class and purchase MY FAVORITE essential oils HERE with the option of wholesale pricing!
Feel free to contact me with any questions: Laura@ouroilyhouse.com
Get access to my online resource library here for your free printable label: http://subscibe.ouroilyhouse.com/member-resource-library
What essential oils can I use for sleep? If I only had a $1 for every time someone asked me that I would be sitting on the beach right now with my toes in the sand and no cares in the world! Since that didn’t happen I decided to write a post on it instead! 😉
I am one of those people that wishes sleep wasn’t a requirement. I rather stay up and continue to work or play then waste time sleeping but obviously that isn’t possible. We need sleep for our bodies to work properly and for our overall health! Studies recommend that getting 8 hours of sleep a night is best. But what if we have trouble falling asleep and straying asleep?
Sleeping is a glorious thing if you sleep sound, unfortunately that isn’t the case for so many people! Sleep can pose a problem every night and really be a struggle for children and adults. What is causing this? How can you fix it?
Causes of bad sleep include: poor diet, caffeine, alcohol, lack of exposure of sunlight, physical pain, over simulation, stress, anxiety, mood disorders, and sleep disorders.
What can we do to help our bodies to relax and sleep through the night peaceably?
- Eat a clean diet low in sugar, caffeine, and alcohol especially late in the day.
- Get your daily vitamin D, spend some times in the great outdoors everyday!
- If you are suffering from pain try applying essential oils, ice, or heat on the area of concern to soothe pain before going to sleep.
- Turn off screens an hour before bedtime, don’t go to sleep with TV on, and limit blue light exposure at night time. All these things can over simulate the brain making it hard to fall asleep.
- Stick to a schedule! The body thrives on schedules and going to bed around the same time every night can help you sleep better and ensure you are getting enough sleep per night.
- If you are dealing with stress or anxious feelings try taking a relaxing bath with some lavender and frankincense before going to bed.
- Diffuse essential oils in the bedroom overnight to help relax, sooth, and calm the body. Ill share my favorite oils for sleep below!
- Apply essential oils to the pulse points and bottom of feet to promote a healthy night sleep.
- You can also make a mist with lavender and water to spray on the bed sheets and pillows to promote relaxing feelings.
- Taking essential oils internally can also be very helpful for sleep.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SLEEP
ULTIMATE SLEEP ROLLER BOTTLE RECIE
5 drops lavender
4 drops frankincense
3 drop serenity
3 drop balance
2 drops vetiver
Mix essential oils in a 10mL roller bottle and top off with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to pulse points and bottom of the feet.
FOR CHILDREN cut the recipe in half and apply topically before bed. I like rolling it on their jawlines to get the oils close to the nose but not to close to their eyes.
FOR aromatic use add 4-6 of essential oils of choice to a diffuser before bed. My favorite blends is 3 drops of serenity, 2 drop frankincense, and 1 drop vetiver.
FOR internal use add 1 drop of lavender and 1 drop of frankincense to a veggie capsule and take before bed. OR you can buy DoTERRA’s premed serenity soft gels.
Shop the supplies:
Have you ever used natural remedies for sleep? What are your favorite essential oils for a restful night sleep?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission with no extra cost to you. 🙂
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!