NATURAL REMEDIES FOR A BETTER NIGHT SLEEP. BEST ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE RECIPE FOR SLEEP.
What essential oils can I use for sleep? If I only had a $1 for every time someone asked me that I would be sitting on the beach right now with my toes in the sand and no cares in the world! Since that didn’t happen I decided to write a post on it instead! 😉
I am one of those people that wishes sleep wasn’t a requirement. I rather stay up and continue to work or play then waste time sleeping but obviously that isn’t possible. We need sleep for our bodies to work properly and for our overall health! Studies recommend that getting 8 hours of sleep a night is best. But what if we have trouble falling asleep and straying asleep?
Get access to my online resource library here for your free printable label: http://subscibe.ouroilyhouse.com/member-resource-library
10 REMEDIES FOR A BETTER NIGHT SLEEP VIDEO
Sleeping is a glorious thing if you sleep sound, unfortunately that isn’t the case for so many people! Sleep can pose a problem every night and really be a struggle for children and adults. What is causing this? How can you fix it?
CAUSES OF BAD SLLEP
- Poor diet
- Lack of exposure of sunlight
- Physical pain
- Over simulation
- Mood disorder
- Sleep disorders
10 REMEDIES FOR A BETTER NIGHT SLEEP
What can we do to help our bodies to relax and sleep through the night peaceably?
- Eat a clean diet low in sugar, caffeine, and alcohol especially late in the day.
- Get your daily vitamin D, spend some times in the great outdoors everyday!
- If you are suffering from pain try applying essential oils, ice, or heat on the area of concern to soothe pain before going to sleep.
- Turn off screens an hour before bedtime, don’t go to sleep with TV on, and limit blue light exposure at night time. All these things can over simulate the brain making it hard to fall asleep.
- Stick to a schedule! The body thrives on schedules and going to bed around the same time every night can help you sleep better and ensure you are getting enough sleep per night.
- If you are dealing with stress or anxious feelings try taking a relaxing bath with some lavender and frankincense before going to bed.
- Diffuse essential oils in the bedroom overnight to help relax, sooth, and calm the body. Ill share my favorite oils for sleep below!
- Apply essential oils to the pulse points and bottom of feet to promote a healthy night sleep.
- You can also make a mist with lavender and water to spray on the bed sheets and pillows to promote relaxing feelings.
- Taking essential oils internally can also be very helpful for sleep.
10 REMEDIES FOR A BETTER NIGHT SLEEP: ESSENTIAL OILS
10 REMEDIES FOR A BETTER NIGHT SLEEP: ROLLER BOTTLE
- 5 drops lavender
- 4 drops frankincense
- 3 drop serenity
- 3 drop balance
- 2 drops vetiver
- Mix essential oils in a 10mL roller bottle.
- Top off with fractionated coconut oil.
- Apply to pulse points and bottom of the feet.
FOR CHILDREN cut the recipe in half and apply topically before bed. I like rolling it on their jawlines to get the oils close to the nose but not to close to their eyes.
OTHER WAYS TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SLEEP
FOR aromatic use- Add 4-6 of essential oils of choice to a diffuser before bed. My favorite blends is 3 drops of serenity, 2 drop frankincense, and 1 drop vetiver.
FOR internal use- Add 1 drop of lavender and 1 drop of frankincense to a veggie capsule and take before bed. OR you can buy DoTERRA’s premed serenity soft gels.
Shop the supplies:
Have you ever used natural remedies for sleep? What are your favorite essential oils for a restful night sleep?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission with no extra cost to you. 🙂
PIN IT FOR LATER
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!