LEARN HOW TO MAKE THE BEST ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND FOR SEASONAL THREATS. PLUS, OTHER NATURAL REMEDIES TO KEEP YOUR ALLERGIES UNDER CONTROL THIS SPRING.
I am definitely starting to get sick of winer and CAN NOT wait for the warmer weather that Spring time will bring. Every year I feel as if winer will never end, but sure enough it does and that wonderful warm weather comes and stays.
Along with every season we have pros and cons. Unfortunately, spring time means seasonal allergies. With the flowers in full bloom and pollen in the air, it can be a rough time for many adults and children.
Let’s talk about natural ways to help with allergies and the best essential oils to use when you are having a flare up.
BEST ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND FOR SEASONAL THREATS VIDEO TUTORIAL
BEST ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND FOR SEASONAL THREATS INGREDIENTS
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Fractionated coconut oil
- 10 mL roller bottle
BEST ESSENTIAL OIL ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND FOR SEASONAL ALLERGIES INSTRUCTIONS
- Add the lemon, lavender, and peppermint essential oil to the roller bottle.
- Fill the rest of the roller bottle up with fractionated coconut oil and shake well.
- Apply the bridge of the nose, chest, and bottom of feet as needed.
NOTE: If making this for a child you can dilute this recipe further by using 4 drops of each essential oil.
ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL OILS
- Lemon oil is loaded with antioxidants, detoxifying, and purifying. These properties are great for seasonal threats because it boost the immune system while helping the body detoxifies the body.
- Lavender is soothing, calming, and can help with respiratory issues and help break down mucus in the body.
- Peppermint is a cooling oil and helpful at relieving tension. It can promote healthy breathing and opening up airways.
OTHER WAYS TO USE THESE ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SEASONAL THREATS
You can use these essential oils three different ways to relieve allergy symptoms: aromatically, internally, and topically.
- Add 3 drops of each oil to your diffuser. This would be good anytime you are hanging around the house and in the bedroom over night.
- Diffusers disperse small molecules of essential oils into the air and they enter the body when you breathe them in. Lemon, lavender, and peppermint are cleansing oils and reduce pollens and allergens in the air.
- Boil a pot of water on the stove, remove it from the heat, and add a couple drops of each oil to the water. Stand over the pot and breathe in the steam.
- Be careful to not burn yourself and you may want to close your eyes to avoid irritation.
- Use a towel to trap the steam in, making this more powerful and beneficial to the body.
- This will give you instant relief from congestion by opening up your airways.
- A steam treatment is a great remedy to do before bed to help break up mucus which may promote clear breathing.
Add one drop of each essential oil, lemon, lavender, and peppermint; in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and place over the nose. Inhale to receive aromatic benefits for a quick and easy relief.
- Combine 2 drops of each essential oil to a veggie capsule and take 3 times a day.
- Add one drop of each essential oil in 4 ounces of water.
- Drop the essential oils straight under the tongue, hold it there for 30 seconds, and swallow.
- Veggie capsules are my favorite way to take oils internally, especially if I don’t like the taste of a particular essential oil.
Make a simple bath salt using these essential oils to help with congestion after a long stressful day!
Add 1/2 tablespoon of epson salt, 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt, and 3 drops each of lemon, lavender, and peppermint essential oil to a small bowl. Mix all ingredients until well combine and pour into a warm bath.
Soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes to help clear sinuses, congestion, and help relieve inflammation and tension within the body.
MORE NATURAL REMEDIES TO HELP RELIEVE ALLERGY SYMPTOMS
LOCAL RAW HONEY
Honey, especially local and raw, can be used to help with seasonal allergies. The symptoms that come along with allergies, like a runny nose and watery eyes, is the bodies way of flushing out the foreign substance causing the reaction.
Local honey carries small traces of pollen and dust, that can be the very thing you are reacting too. Eating the honey can help your body become familiar with these substances and overtime the allergy can lessen or go away completely.
Eating honey isn’t going to give you immediate relief but can be very helpful in the long run. Try adding a tablespoon of local raw honey into your daily diet.
Sometimes allergies can effect a person who has a compromised immune system or an imbalance of gut flora bacteria. One of the best ways to get your that balance back on track is with probiotics. Probiotics can replace good bacteria in the gut that has been damaged with diet, environmental threats, and conventional medications.
Probiotics can also boost the immune system and support overall wellness as it introduces beneficial bacteria to the digestive tract.
Fermented foods like sauerkraut, kerir, or sourdough, are naturally full of probiotics and can be added to the diet. Or consider taking a probiotic supplement daily. We use these.
Eating a diet full of vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and proteins can help with seasonal allergies. Sometimes a food intolerance can be the root cause of constant allergies. Try eliminating processed foods and sugars out of your diet.
Dairy can pose a problem to many people, especially when it comes to allergies. Milk is mucus forming and can make allergy symptoms worse, especially if you have an intolerance to it. It can be hard to pin point an intolerance, but the elimination diet is a great place to start.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ESSENTIAL OILS
Grab my free essential oil class for more education.
I hope this post was helpful and that you can use a natural remedy to help with allergy symptoms this spring. If you have ever used essential oils or another natural remedy for allergy relief, share your testimonies in the comments below!
PIN IT FOR LATER
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission with no extra cost to you.
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!