READ ALONG TO LEARN ABOUT THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING. PLUS, GET MY FAVORITE ROLLER BOTTLE BLEND FOR SKIN AND A FREE PRINTABLE LABEL.
I always skipped over anything that said, “anti-aging”. Anti-aging is only for old people, not me. But then I realized I am 30, I am not a young chicken anymore, though I feel like I am. And prevention is the best thing!
As we age our body produces less collagen, in fact this starts happening at age 21. Lack of collagen is the main culprit for anti-aging because collagen increases skin elasticity and hydration. Several oils help the body to produce more collagen therefore, making them excellent for anti-aging, wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING VIDEO
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING
Frankincense essential oil
- First of all, frankincense of course, it’s called “King of Oils” for a reason. Frankincense is the number one essential oil for anti-aging and for skin in general.
- Frankincense can reduce the appearance of age spots, skin discoloration, and sun spots. If you have uneven skin tone on your face or body you can use frankincense essential oil to help. It is known to improve skin tone and reduce age spots.
- Not only does frankincense improve skin tone, but it is also great for tightening the skin. Mix 5 drops of frankincense with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply directly to the area of concern.
Rose essential oil
- It takes a little over 60 roses to get one drop of rose essential oil, now that is some concentrated goodness right there! Rose oil is amazing for skin and anti-aging.
- Rose essential oil is incredible for dry skin and wrinkles.
- Roses are high in vitamin C and encourages your body to produce more collagen. Decrease in collagen is one of the main factors for aging skin.
- Add a few drops of rose oil to one teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil. Apply to the face to help with fine lines and wrinkles.
Myrrh essential oil
- Many qualities can be attribute to myrrh essential oil that make it extremely effective for skin, in result making it a wonderful oil for anti-aging.
- Myrrh is often added to beauty products for it’s anti-aging benefits and it is very effective at rejuvenating the skin.
- Adding myrrh essential oil to your daily skin routine can help with dry skin, wrinkles, age spots, and make your skin healthier.
- Dilute 3-5 drops of myrrh essential oil in one tablespoon of a carrier oil and apply directly to the area of concern.
Helichrysum essential oil
- Known as the Immortal or Everlasting Flower, Helichrysum holds many benefits for skin.
- Apply helichrysum essential oil to your face daily to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helichrysum has rejuvenating, restoring, and cleansing properties giving your skin a healthy glow.
Pomegranate seed oil
- Pomegranate seed oil (pom oil) promotes the look of young and healthy skin.
- Pom oil helps reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Loaded with omega 5, antioxidants, and caryophyllene it can rejuvenate the skin when taken internally.
- Apply pomegranate seed oil directly to the area of concern for anti-ling benefits.
OTHER OILS GOOD FOR ANTI-AGING
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is high in fatty acids and vitamin E, which is known to keep skin healthy and have anti-aging benefits. Coconut oil contains proteins that help with skin cell health.
- Jojoba Oil- Jojoba oil absorbs easily into the skin, and helps with hydration and moisturization. It reduces fine liens and wrinkles.
- Lavender essential oil- Lavender is amazing for the skin and very effective for soothing cuts and burns. It is a great oil to apply topically to the face for anti-aging.
- Sandalwood essential oil- Sandalwood essential oil can help tighten, firm, and improve skin tone.
- Jasmine essential oil- Full of antioxidants jasmine essential oil is another good one for anti-aging. It can give a youthful appearance by rejuvenating the skin.
- Magnolia essential oil- This beautiful oil is extremely powerful. Add to your daily routine to help keep skin clean and hydrated.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING ROLLER BOTTLE RECIPE
How to make an essential oil roller bottle for anti-aging
- Add 5 drops frankincense essential oil, 5 drops rose essential oil, 3 drops helichrysum, 2 drops myrrh essential oil, and 2 drops lavender essential oil to a 10mL roller bottle.
- Top the roller bottle off with a carrier oil, my favorite one is fractionated coconut oil. Learn more about carrier oils here.
- Shake the roller bottle and it is ready for use.
How to use your anti-aging roller bottle
For ultimate results apply the roller bottle to the skin daily. Apply to the area of concern.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING USEAGE
Now that you know all the different oils good for anti-aging, let’s talk about how to use them.
- Roller Bottle- Make a roller bottle with your favorite anti-aging essential oils. Add 15-30 drops of essential oil to a 10mL roller bottle and top off with a carrier oil.
- Mixed with Coconut oil- Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to a dime size amount of coconut oil in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and then massage onto the face.
- With Lotion- Already using a daily moisturizer? Put the normal amount in the palm of your hand and add 3-5 drops of your favorite anti-aging essential oils. Apply to skin.
- Facial Serum- Make a homemade facial serum with anti-aging essential oils and apply to skin daily. Learn how to make one below.
DIY FACIAL SERUM WITH BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR ANTI-AGING
First pick your carrier oil…
- Fractioned Coconut Oil– FCO is my favorite carrier oil because it is a very light oil and has many health benefits. FCO is different from regular coconut oil because it stays liquid. It prevents oxidation making it effective for extending the shelf life of your essential oils.
- Grape Seed Oil– This oil is popular in the culinary world and a very popular carrier oil for essential oil users. GSO is a favorite carrier oil because of its light texture, leaves little residue on the skin, and has wound healing properties.
- Avocado Oil– Studies describe avocado oil as a superfood and the best option for oil to use while cooking. It is very hydrating and an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. However, avocado oil is very “oily” and thick so it will leave behind a thicker residue than some of the other options.
- Jojoba Oil– Jojoba oil has a mild smell so when it is mixed with essential oils you will smell the essential oil over the jojoba oil. I find that jojoba oil doesn’t stain clothes like other oils can making it a good carrier oil option, especially for kids. Jojoba penetrates the skin well and is a great option for anyone with ultra sensitive skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil– This oil has a slightly sweet and nutty aroma. It has a medium consistency and known for its moisturizing properties. This oil can cause skin irritation to anyone with a nut allergy.
- Olive Oil– Olive oil is my least favorite out of all the carrier oils for two main reasons, smell and texture. Olive oil has a very distinct smell that taste fabulous on chicken and in salad dressing but I don’t prefer the scent on my skin. It is also a very thick oil leaving behind an oily film. On the flip side, olive oil is high in antioxidants and very healing to dry patchy skin.
Next pick your favorite essential oils for anti-aging…
Now mix it up….
Add 1 ounce of carrier oil and 5 drops of essential oil to a glass dropper bottle. Shake it up.
I hope this post was helpful and I hope that you enjoy making some of these recipes.
Share your tired and true facial serums or anti-aging roller bottle recipes in the comments below?
PIN IT FOR LATER
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!