LEARN HOW TO MAKE 5 ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAYS FOR SPRING TIME. WITH A COUPLE SIMPLE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL HAVE A FRESH, CLEAN SMELLING HOUSE, WITHOUT ANY TOXINS.
I love making room sprays for the seasons, and I especially love when these said room sprays are loaded with health benefits. Now that is a win, win!
I have shared a few room sprays on the blog already, and today I am excited to share a few spring time scents you may enjoy.
Ready to get toxins out of your home? Grab my FREE ebook with my favorite DIY all natural products.
DIY 5 ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAYS FOR SPRING VIDEO
DIY 5 ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAYS FOR SPRING
SPRING AIR FRESHENER
- 8 drops lavender essentail oil
- 6 drops peppermint essentail oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
FRESH AND CLEAN
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 4 drops wild orange essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- 4 drops patchouli essential oil
- 3 drops rose essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops lime essential oil
- 6 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops wild orange essential oil
- 6 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 4 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops cypress essential oil
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAYS
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Get my full disclosure HERE.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 15-30 drops of essential oils of choice
- Spray bottle ( You can use a 16 ounce, 8 ounce, 4 ounce, or 2 ounce spray bottle depending on how much you want to make. Each recipe is for a 4 ounce spray bottle so adjust accordingly.)
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a bowl and add in essential oils of choice. Check out the different blends above.
- Mash with a fork to incorporate essential oils into baking soda. (Mixing the oils in baking soda will help them to incorporate into the water better.)
- Add mixture to a glass spray bottle and top off with water.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray into the air, floor, furniture, shoes, or cars to freshen air!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH TRADITIONAL ROOM SPRAYS?
I know what some of you are thinking, here she goes again with her rant about toxins! But for real guys, have you looked on the back of your febreze lately?! It isn’t something I want in my home, and especially not lurking around in my air or on my sheets. Besides, making your own is so simple.
Most air fresheners admit over 100 chemicals when sprayed into the air! Let’s talk about just a few of these chemicals and the side effects.
- PHTHALATES- Contains endocrine disruptor and may affect human reproduction or development.
- BENZENE- Benzene comes from petroleum. It’s used to make plastics, synthetic fibers, dyes, detergents, and air fresheners. It is highly toxic and is a known carcinogen; it can cause skin irritations and lung damage.
- FORMALDEHYDE- These are found in a lot of house hold products and this chemical can be very dangerous for us, especially anyone that suffers from asthma or other respiratory issues. It can also irritate the eyes, nose, skin, and throat.
- PROPELLANTS- This is the ingredient that allows the spray to spray, if you will. Sounds harmless, right? With a little research I found out that hydrocarbons, nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, propane, n-butane and isobutane are all common aerosol propellants. In fact, these are also found in your cooking sprays! Ewww!
- FRAGRANCES- Fragrances can cause allergic reactions, contain hormone disturbers, carcinogens, and linked to damage sperm. Using essential oils for fragrance is a much safer option.
BENEFITS OF USING ESSENTIAL OILS INSTEAD
Using essential oils aromatically can benefit your overall health, mood, air quality, and more! I love having a good smelling house with out having to spray toxins into the air. And on top of that these room sprays are going to effect you positively!
STRESS AND ANXIOUS FEELINGS
Several essential oils can help with stress and anxiousness when used aromatically. Citrus and floral oils are especially good for this! Adding in a few of these oils into your room spray will make this a wonderful spray to inhale whenever dealing with stress. Learn more about essential oils for stress and anxiousness here.
- Wild orange
- Ylang ylang
CLEANSE AND PURIFY THE AIR
When using your room sprays made with essential oils it is nice to know that several of the essential oils in these recipes can cleanse and purify the air. Essential oils like, wild orange and lemon, can kill airborne germs and help keep your home clean.
- Wild orange
One of my favorite ways to use essential oils is for immune support. I think it is funny when I hear someone say, “I don’t have time to get sick.” I mean who the heck has time, or wants to get sick! Now I am not saying you will never get sick again once you buy essential oils, but I will say you will most likely get sick less often and when you aren’t feeling well you can get better faster. Several essential oils in these blends are going to be great at boosting the immune system. Learn more about essential oils to support the immune system here.
- Wild orange
- Rose (This one is a powerful immune supporter!!)
Several essential oils can be very effective for supporting the mood and promoting positive feelings. When essential oils are inhaled through the nasal cavity they go straight to the limbic system. The limbic system is the part of the brain that controls emotions, stress response, memory, and stimulation. Therefore, using essential oils aromatically can be very effective for mood support. Learn more about essential oils for the mood here.
FLORAL OILS ARE VERY CALMING
- Ylang ylang
CITRUS OILS ARE VERY UPLIFTING AND BRIGHT
- Wild Orange
- Peppermint (Love this oil for focus and concentration.)
Check out my ultimate guide to citrus essential oils to learn more about these ones!
AS YOU CAN SEE, THESE ESSENTIAL OIL ROOM SPRAYS ARE LOADED WITH BENEFITS!
Have you ever made a room spray? What are your favorite essential oil blends to use?
PIN IT FOR LATER
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!