When essential oils first sparked my attention I was ready to jump in! I quickly realized how many options were out there! You can find essential oils in drugstores, health food stores, gas stations, and online…basically everywhere! I noticed the price varied A LOT! I started to wonder why? I started doing my own research and came across some interesting finds. The FDA doesn’t have regulations on essential oils so when a bottle says, “100% pure lemon essential oil”, it might not be. This was annoying to me because that meant I was going to have to dig deeper and find a company I trusted in order to find pure essential oils. After researching, I decided doterra would be the essential oils I would use for several reasons. You can learn why I chose doterra here.
Essentail oils are aromatic compounds that are distilled for health benefits. Essential oils can be found on the leave, stem, or flower of a plant, from bark of a tree, or from the peel of a fruit.
The 3 ways to use essential oils: aromatically, topically, and internally.
For aromatic use add 4-6 drops of essential oils to a diffuser, inhale oil straight out of the bottle, or add 1-2 drops to your hands, rub together, cuff over the nose, and inhale.
For topically use apply directly or diluted in a carrier oil, like fractionated coconut oil, and apply to area of concern.
For internal use drop essential oils in water, on the tongue, or in a veggie capsule.
I am going to talk about the top 10 essential oils I use daily in my home and the oils that have taken over my medicine cabinet and my cleaning supplies. These top 10 oils are the beast way to get started on your essential oil journey!
* Lemon cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
* When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and may help to improve mood.
* It naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
* Add Lemon essential oil, vinegar, and water to a spray bottle for all purpose cleaner.
* Lavender is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
* It soothes occasional skin irritations.
* Lavender reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
* Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or the bottoms of feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
* Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
* Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
* Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
* Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
* Repels bugs naturally.
* Diffuse during study-time.
* Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
* It promotes healthy immune function.
* For occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected areas.
* Melaleuca helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied to the skin.
* It supports feelings of open airways and easy breathing.
* Put two to three drops of Oregano in a veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system.
* Oregano supports healthy digestion.
* It supports healthy respiratory function.
* It may help to support a healthy immune system.
* Dilute Oregano with fractionated coconut oil and apply it to the skin.
* Frankincense is one of the most prized and precious essential oils due to its extensive health benefits.
* It induces feelings of peace, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
* Add Frankincense to a moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
* Apply this essential oil to the bottoms of the feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
* Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
* Use for respiratory issues.
* Diffuse for cleansing the air.
* Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost.
* Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses.
* Take DigestZen to soothe occasional stomach discomfort.
* Eases feelings of queasiness.
* Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
* Perfect soothing blend after exercise.
* Apply topically to area of concern, muscle aches, pains, and joint pain
To get started on your essential oil journey with the home essential set or family essential set click here: http://bit.ly/2HukGLd
Both these sets come with the top 10 essential oils: lemon, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, melaleuca, oregano, on guard, breathe, digestion, and deep blue. The home essentials kit come with the large size bottle and family essentials come with the small size bottles. Home essential kit also come with a diffuser. Both sets with give you access to my VIP facebook group with monthly live education and themed classes! Email me with any questions and for my current monthly promotions at: Laura@ourilyhouse.com
Get access to my online resource library here: http://subscibe.ouroilyhouse.com/member-resource-library
To learn more about essential oils for seasonal threats click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d_xDSdAuxE&t=89s
To learn more about essential oils for clear skin click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSn6L0q90sQ&t=55s
To see why I chose to use doterra essential oils click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jjF7fXHyyo
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!