Frankincense is known as the “King of Oils” due to its extensive health benefits! When I am teaching others about essential oils I always say, “If in doubt use Frankincense.” Watch this video to learn all about it!
CURIOUS about getting ESSENTIAL OILS in your home?
Watch my Free Online Class and purchase MY FAVORITE essential oils HERE with the option of wholesale pricing!
Get access to my online resource library here for your free printable label: http://subscibe.ouroilyhouse.com/member-resource-library
Frankincense can be used three ways: aromatically, topically, and internally.
You can use it aromatically by breathing it straight out of the bottle, adding a couple drops to the palm of your hand and cuffing over the nose, or by adding 4-6 drops to a diffuser. Aromatic use works so effectively because after the smell goes through the nasal cavity it enters the limbic system. The limbic system controls emotions, memories, and stimulation making this a great way to use essential oils for assisting the mood!
You can use frankincense topically by applying the essential oil to the area of concern, pulse points, or bottom of the feet. Frankincense is a neat oil, meaning it is safe to apply straight to the skin but I always suggest diluting especially if you are using on a child or someone with sensitive skin. You can make a roller bottle for topical use by adding 15-20 drops of frankincense essential oil to a 10mL roller bottle and topping it off with a carrier oil. I like using fractionated coconut oil for my carrier oil.
If you are using certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, like DoTERRA, frankincense is safe for internal use. It has amazing properties to reduce immflamuation in the body, promote cellular health, and overall wellness. For internal use add 1 drop under the tongue, add 1 drop to your water, or capsule it.
- Frankincense is amazing for the skin! It can reduce blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Apply topically to the area of concern. Add a drop on your hand with coconut oil for a daily moisturizer.
- Frankincense is also great for the hair and nails. Add a few drops to your shampoo or into your scalp for hair growth. Put a drop on your nail bed to help them grow strong and heathy.
- Frankincense is a very calming, soothing, and relaxing essential oil. Diffuse it, apply it to pulse points, and take internally when feeling stress or anxious. Add to the diffuser over night to promote a healthy sound night sleep.
- Frankincense can promote a healthy respiratory system when applied topically to the chest, diffused, or taken internally. It can help break up mucus and promote clear breathing.
- Frankincense can help with digestive issues by applying it topically to the stomach and taking a drop internally. Any type of digestive issues this is going to help calm and soothe the stomach.
- Frankincense can relive tension making it a great natural solution for a hurting back, stiff neck, achey joints, and pains. Apply topically to the area of concern.
- Frankincense can be used for headache relief. Add a drop to the thumb and pressing against the roof of the mouth can reduce pain due to headaches. Or apply topically to temples, forehead, and back of neck.
- Frankincense can help reduce inflammation inside the body when taken internally.
- Frankincense is great for cellular health and cellular energy. This is so important because healthy cells is vital for overall wellness and a healthy immune system.
- Frankincense is a great immune support! Take a drop internally whenever you are feeling sick or when you have been exposed to sickness and you want to boost the immune system. I make an immune boosting roller bottle with frankincense, melaleuca, oregano, and onguard. Learn more about that here.
Frankincense is an oil that you will want to add in to all your blends because it can help the other oils work more effectively and efficiently. Because of its ability to rejuvenate skin and cells I like to get this one on my skin and in my body as much as possible. I put a drop of frankincense under my tongue every morning so I can reap the benefits of this oil daily!
What are your favorite ways to use Frankincense essential oil? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Shop the supplies:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. 🙂
Follow along with our oily house:
Thanks for stopping by our oily house!